Should you get some Mechanical PE Practice Exams
It’s always a good idea to invest in some Mechanical PE practice exams to help you prepare for the exam. Be careful though… I have found that a lot of practice exams don’t give a good representation of the level of difficulty you will see on the actual exam. Some practice exams give questions that are overall easier than those on the actual exam and some give questions that are overall harder (sometimes much harder). It is impossible to predict how difficult the actual test questions will be, so I can understand the complication with making practice exams.
In addition to some practice exams… head over to the introduction to my blog series here to get FREE sample questions!! I add to this often so check back to get more questions. Post your answers and get some advice from peers.
What are the best Mechanical PE Practice Exams
In my experience I have found that the Six-Minute Solutions books below provide sample questions most similar to those I found on the exam. Pick the one that matches the depth session you plan on taking. You can get other practice exams if you want, but I feel that these are very good.
Six-Minute Solutions prepares you to answer even the most difficult morning and afternoon thermal and fluids systems problems in just minutes. Learning important strategies to solve these problems quickly and efficiently is the key to passing the Mechanical PE exam.
Six-Minute Solutions will help you pass with
- Challenging multiple-choice problems, similar in format and difficulty to the actual exam
- Two levels of difficulty: 20 morning (breadth) problems and 65 afternoon (depth) problems
- A hint for each problem, to help you get started on the right path
- Step-by-step solutions outlining how to answer problems quickly and correctly
- Explanations of the three “distractor” answer choices, so you can see where common errors occur and learn how to avoid them
Six-Minute Solutions for Mechanical PE Exam Thermal and Fluid Systems Problems
Thermal and Fluids Systems Exam Topics Covered
- Codes and Standards
- Heat Transfer
- Related Principles
- Energy/Power Systems
- Hydraulics and Fluids
- Mass Balance
- Fluid Mechanics
- Properties of Materials
Six-Minute Solutions for Mechanical PE Exam HVAC and Refrigeration Problems
HVAC and Refrigeration Exam Topics Covered
- Compressible Flow
- Fluid Mechanics
- Supportive Knowledge
- Energy Balances
- Heat Transfer
- Equipment and Components
Six-Minute Solutions for Mechanical PE Exam Mechanical Systems and Materials Problems
Mechanical Systems and Materials Exam Topics Covered
- Principles of Mechanical Systems and Materials
- Applications: Joints and Fasteners
- Applications: Materials and Process
- Applications: Mechanical Components
- Applications: Vibration/Dynamic Analysis
Mechanical PE Practice Examination
The Most Realistic Practice for the Mechanical PE Exam
Mechanical PE Practice Examination contains four 40-problem, multiple-choice exams consistent with the scope and format of the NCEES Mechanical PE exam. The morning breadth exam covers a variety of mechanical engineering topics. The three afternoon depth exams (HVAC and refrigeration, mechanical systems and materials, and thermal and fluids systems) prepare you for the discipline exam of your choice while providing additional practice for the morning exam subjects.
Consistent with the actual exam, an average of six minutes is required to solve problems in Mechanical PE Practice Examination. You can enhance your time-management skills by taking each exam within the same four-hour time limit as the actual exam. Comprehensive step-by-step solutions illustrate accurate and efficient problem-solving approaches.
Mechanical PE Practice Examination will help you to
- effectively familiarize yourself with the exam scope and format
- quickly identify accurate and efficient problem-solving approaches
- successfully connect relevant theory to exam-like problems
- confidently solve problems under timed conditions